Printer Friendly

Author

Topic

Kman

Forum Newbie

Singapore
1 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2012 :  16:53:23  Reply with Quote

Hi there, I just returned from a trip to the US where I was visiting high schools who were willing to support my 15 year old Asperger's son (who is in a mainstream school in Singapore but not enjoying his learning journey). The process was made 'easier' as I had an education consultant help me find such schools... Is there such a service in Australia? Otherwise how else can I locate 'autism-friendly' schools? Thanks...

ferretbox

Forum Newbie

Australia
4 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2012 :  05:58:07  Reply with Quote

There are some autism specific schools in Australia.

Any idea where you will be relocating to?

I live in Victoria and this is probably the best state to live in for special needs kids in terms of support/funding. New South Wales is a close second, unfortunately Queensland is probably the worst. Sorry I don't know too much about the western half of the country. Where I live there are no Autism specific schools(we live in a regional area) but because my kids have a lower IQ (PDD-NOS) they attend a special education school.

K

Go to Top of Page

Topic

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Jump To:

Autism Hangout is dedicated to bringing timely, relevant news, resources and hope to those affected by autism.

Disclaimer:

Information on this web site should be used as a guide only and should not be relied upon as the sole source of information relating to its content. Additional sources of information may be listed herein. No warranty, either express or implied, is made with respect to the information contained herein. Autism Hangout, Community Hangouts and their owners/operators are not responsible for any loss, inconvenience, damage (whether special or consequential) or claims arising out of the use of the information contained on this site.

For editorial or media issues contact cevans@autismhangout.com
For technical issues contact info@autismhangout.com

Copyright 2014. All Rights Reserved.